5.19.2010

well, here's the thing...

Song of the Day: "Knife" - Grizzly Bear
Quote of the Day: "A hard man is good to find" - Mae West


So here's the deal. I'm 27 and single. To some of you, this may come as a great shock. To the vast majority, this shocks no one. Rather than spiral into some depression (been there, done that), I'm taking a more proactive approach, albeit hilarious (for you.) So those are the basics, but allow be to expand upon them.
I've been dating for about 9 years now and I can honestly say that every relationship I've been in, they just keep getting better and better. But I'm getting older, the picking's getting slimmer, and I haven't been able to truly be myself in a relationship in a long time. I blame this on the fact that I've done the picking. So now, I'm leaving up to the hands of experts. No, I didn't hire a dating coach (but when and if that time comes, I'm coming your way Kira Sabin and Patti Stanger) but rather I'm leaving it in the hands of technology, chemistry, and 80 personality points.
So to get this experiment rolling, I'm signing up on 3 different dating websites that are pretty well known (thus enhancing my probability of success.) And here they are:

eHarmony
Now I know a few people who have had great success with this website. One in particular just got engaged and she's pretty awesome. I like my chances so far. Now the enrollment process blows and answering 80 different questions about myself makes me realize how pretty boring i am. Even after all of that, my profile is still only 90% complete. How about throwing me a bone here eHarmony and tell me what is missing...freakin' commies...

Match.com
I can already tell you that I like Match.com's interface. It's much more user friendly and easier to navigate. The questions don't bore me to tears. eHarmony, please take note.

Chemistry.com
From the recommendation of MAtch.com, I signed up for Chemistry.com. The first question wanted me to look at my hand, so automatically I know that this website will find me a match not out of love, or interest or anything like that. It'll find me one out of good old fashioned witchcraft.

Chemistry.com, you've got the edge.

So as this is my first post, I'll be giving each website, my time, my efforts and my money for the next 3 months. But, there are a few rules I'm laying down for myself:
1. Be honest. Ridiculously honest. No pain, no gain sort of a thing.
2. I have to take the advice for each respective website on each respective date. Meaning if I'm out on a date from a dude I met on Match, I have to follow their dating advice to a "T."
3. I have to blog about every date. Not only that, I'll be providing my audience with symbols and "catch phrases" that will help decode the date.
4. Have fun. I'm 27 and I feel like I'm dating for the first time in a very very long time.

Fuck balls. Here we go.




2 comments:

  1. Alright Bekka - lookin forward to reading about this. Bring it on...

    ReplyDelete